I'm 34 years old and this Nars concealer is the best one I've ever tried
- The best concealer I've ever tried is the Nars soft matte complete concealer.
- It sets well, covers up redness, and looks like my skin (just better).
I'm not one to gatekeep, so when I discovered that my new favorite concealer of all time is Nars soft matte complete concealer, I knew I had to write about it.
Concealer has become trickier the older I get, though to be honest, in my 34 years on this planet I've always been trying to track down the perfect consistency — one that feels weightless, dries to a texture that matches my skin, all while perfectly covering up any area I don't want people to notice.
This is made doubly challenging by new hard-won laugh lines and seasonal shifts in New York's weather that swing wildly, especially during the spring. And as someone who doesn't typically wear foundation, I need my concealer to really pack a punch coverage-wise and stick around throughout the day.
So when I saw influencer Steph Hui's video of the Nars concealer, I needed to try it. I attempted to order it at Sephora where it retails for $32, but it was sold out (it currently appears that every shade is in stock at the time of this post). It took going to a store in person to try on my shade to discover that the vanilla shade fits the bill.
@stxph.h I’ve never seen anything like this concealer A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY which makes everything look so much more natural! A must try!! #narssoftmattecompleteconcealer #fullcoverageconcealer ♬ original sound - stephhui
And when I tell you that the texture is perfect, it's a "wow" from me. I typically put it under my eyes, over any sun spots or melasma, and to mask redness around my nose or hide any blemishes. I tap it in with my fingers, sometimes even swiping it on a little thicker and letting it "set" or dry before finishing with my blending.
I'm also someone who applies concealer with my fingers (a no-no from Selena Gomez's makeup artist, but something I've done since high school), so I love that it comes in a pot without a wand. Plus, one small pot lasts me about six months — and that's as someone who heavily relies on concealer and would bring it as my only makeup product to a desert island.
Here's my before and after:
There are some downsides, however:
- Like all makeup, I'm disappointed to see this doesn't come in many darker shades, especially when compared to Fenty's line of concealer. (If I'm going to support a brand, I'd like for it to be more inclusive.)
- I notice that if I don't set the concealer with powder or wear foundation, it seems to fade more quickly than other brands I've tried. This isn't a deal-breaker for me, but worth noting for anyone interested.
- Japan’s Incubate Fund Asia to invest in about 20 early-stage startups in India
- Unlocking the secret to weight loss with coconut oil: A delicious journey to health
- Kia India to hike Seltos, Carens prices by up to 2% from Oct
- Motorola Edge 40 Neo with with vegan leather back hits the Indian market
- Indian aviation regulator suspends Air India's Chief of Flight Safety