The $208,000 Audi R8 is a stellar supercar, but its best feature is having a dedicated holder for your keys
- Because most car keys are key fobs now, you can't just put them in the ignition anymore.
- The 2020 Audi
R8I reviewed had a specialized slot in its center console just for the key.
- It's a great solution and became intuitive to use very quickly.
Those who know my tastes at all will know that I love it when cars have extra storage cubbies and slots. As people, we carry a lot of loose items with us and those items need to go somewhere when we're in our cars. We certainly can't be expected to hold everything all the time. We live in a society after all.Most of the time, all my loose items just wind up getting dumped, unceremoniously, into the cupholders. This is a bad system and I don't like it. This was delightfully not the case in the R8 I recently reviewed. Broadly, Audi's halo car is very fast and clearly a track star. But one of my favorite features had nothing to do with its driving capabilities at all.
Foreseeing this as an issue,
You unlock the car, climb into it, put the key in its little house, and start the car up. And after you shut the car off, you pluck the key up out of the slot and slip it back into your pocket along with your phone. Intuitive. Smooth. Efficient. Dare I say it? German.
The ignition was the original key holder. The R8's little key slot is the next best thing.
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' is effective against double mutant strain found in India, says ICMR
- Reebok launches a new range of shoes made from eucalyptus, bloom algae and natural rubber before World Earth Day
- Instagram’s new tool will let you choose the words and phrases you want to restrict in your DM requests