The speed bump sex position is the first stop on the road to pleasure
- To do the speed bump sex position, first place a pillow on the bed.
- The receiving partner then lays on their stomach with the pillow under their hips.
While more well-known rear entry positions like doggy style usually get all the hype, other from-behind options like the speed bump sex position can offer both penetrating and receiving partners tons of pleasure.
"The speed bump is a rear-entry position where the receiving partner is laying on their stomach, with their hips propped up with a pillow or bolster, and their partner enters from behind," says Rachel Smith, a certified sex therapist at Infinite Intimacy Therapy.
With this position, there's room for customization and experimentation that's fun for both partners.
Here's how to do the speed bump position, its benefits, and some variations.
How do you do the speed bump sex position?
Smith suggests following this step-by-step to get into position:
1. The receiving partner lays on their stomach with a pillow placed under their hips.
2. The receiving partner can keep their legs spread apart or closer together, depending on personal preference.
3. The penetrating partner kneels between the receiving partner's legs if their legs are apart, or straddles their partner's legs if their legs are close together.
4. The penetrating partner enters from behind, varying the speed and intensity of thrusting based on both partners' preferences.
What are the benefits of the speed bump sex position?
This position is simple yet effective. Some of the benefits include:
- G-spot stimulation: Using the pillow under the hips (which is why the position is called the speed bump) is key. "The elevation of the hips from the prop allows for direct stimulation of the G-spot, which is a fundamental pleasure center for vulva owners," Smith says.
- Clitoral stimulation: Although the penetrating partner doesn't necessarily have easy access to the clitoris in this position, that doesn't mean the clitoris can't come into play. If the person with a vagina is on the receiving end, they can move their hips around and rub their clitoris on the pillow for added stimulation, says Rachel Needle, a certified sex therapist and the co-director of Modern Sex Therapy Institutes.
- It's low effort for the receiver: There's nothing wrong with lying back and enjoying a position, and this one's great if the bottom partner is feeling a little lazy. "For the partner laying on their stomach, the speed bump position is an easy, relaxing position that can bring intense pleasure and hit all the right spots," Needle says.
- It's customizable for maximum pleasure: By simply changing the receiving partner's leg placement (closer together or spread apart) you can customize how the penetration feels to make it feel great for both partners. For example, Smith says having legs spread apart will allow for deeper penetration — which can be pleasurable for some, but painful for others. Keeping legs closer together will create more of a tight and snug fit.
- Access to other erogenous zones: "This close contact also allows the penetrating partner to stimulate other erogenous zones, including the kissing, caressing, or tickling of the receiving partner's ears, neck, and back," Smith says.
Speed bump variations
If the traditional speed bump isn't doing it for you, or you just want to play around with even more new sensations, here are some variations you can try.
Speed bump with the penetrating partner lying flat
"Rather than the penetrating partner sitting up on their knees, they can lay flat on top of their partner to allow for a different angle of penetration and have more skin-to-skin contact for both arousal and increased intimacy," Needle says.
To do this, follow the original step-by-step. Then, the penetrating partner simply lies down on top of their partner rather than staying more upright.
For another low-effort yet intimate rear entry position, try spooning. Smith says it's similar to the speed bump in that it also allows for head-to-toe and skin-to-skin body contact. Here's how to do it:
1. Both partners lay on their sides, facing the same direction, in a spooning cuddling position.
2. The partner in front can slightly bend their knees and bring them a bit up towards their hips, ready for penetration.
3. The penetrating partner enters from behind, wrapping their arms around their partner, or holding their hips or waist.
If both partners love rear entry and deep penetration, amp it up and get those hips even higher by opting for doggy style. Smith says doggy style allows for G-spot stimulation, as well as easier access to the clitoris. Here's how to do it:
1. The receiving partner gets on all fours.
2. The penetrating partner kneels behind them and can hold onto their partner's hips or waist for support.
3. The penetrating partner enters and thrusts.
The speed bump position offers great pleasure for both the receiving and penetrating partner.
By customizing the position — whether the bottom partner is keeping their legs closer together or further apart, or if the top partner is upright or lying down closer to the bottom partner — you can ensure you both experience bliss.
"It is vital for the couple to communicate what feels good and what feels uncomfortable to facilitate an enhanced sexual experience," Smith says. So keep the line of communication open to make sure you're both having a good time.
- Short term inflation in Pakistan hits all-time high of 46%
- Former MP and noted Malayalam actor Innocent passes away at 75
- Sensex, Nifty50 rise in morning trade led by healthcare, pharma and metal stocks
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare