Melinda Gates says she had nightmares after meeting Jeffrey Epstein once: 'He was evil personified'
Melinda Gatestold CBS Mornings that meeting Jeffrey Epsteingave her nightmares.
- She met Epstein "exactly one time" which she said she "regretted the second I stepped in the door."
Melinda French Gates told CBS This Morning that she "had nightmares" after one meeting with Jeffrey Epstein.
In discussing her split from
"It was many things," French Gates said. "But I did not like that he'd had meetings with Jeffrey Epstein. I made that clear to him."
French Gates told Gayle King she met Epstein "exactly one time, because I wanted to see who this man was. And I regretted it from the second I stepped in the door."
"He was abhorrent. He was evil personified. I had nightmares about it afterward. So my heart breaks for these young women," she added.
French Gates and Gates announced in May 2021 they were splitting up after 27 years of marriage. When their divorce became public, it was revealed that French Gates had been seeking a divorce since 2019 after Gates' ties to convicted sex offender Epstein came to light, Insider previously reported.
Epstein completed suicide in jail in August 2019, just weeks after he was arrested on sex-trafficking charges. Prosecutors alleged in their complaint against Epstein that he ran a sex-trafficking operation from at least 2002 to 2005, targeting girls as young as 14.
Following Epstein's death, investigators turned their focus to Epstein's longtime girlfriend and associate, Ghislaine Maxwell, who was found guilty on several sex-trafficking charges at a trial in December.
However, that conviction is now up in the air after a juror revealed that he used his personal experience of sexual abuse to convince fellow jurors to trust the testimony of the accusers who spoke against Maxwell at the trial. Maxwell's legal team is asking for a new trial, but the judge said she wouldn't decide on the matter until the juror could be questioned in court. That hearing is scheduled to take place next week.
- Elon Musk's brain-chip startup shares video it says shows a monkey telepathically 'typing'
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Herschel Walker's son says Trump called his father for months demanding that he run, while 'everyone with a brain' begged him not to
- 1,330 recognised startups from gaming and related sectors as on Nov 30: Som Parkash
- Sula Vineyards to open IPO next week from Dec 12-14; GMP already at ₹70 per share
- India to add 9 million gig jobs by 2025 says Indeed report
- From Brahmastra to KGF: The most searched movies on Google in 2022 in India
- Adjusted for inflation, policy rate still remains accommodative, says RBI Governor
- Jio Haptik
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World