Police apprehended a 'reckless driver' who crashed into 2 cars. To their surprise, a dog was behind the wheel.
- Texas police apprehended a "reckless driver" on Thursday after a truck collided with two vehicles.
- The Kilgore Police Department said a dog was behind the wheel when it happened.
Police in Texas apprehended a "reckless driver" who crashed into two vehicles in a parking lot on Thursday but were surprised to find out it was actually a dog behind the wheel.
The Kilgore Police Department, which is located in eastern Texas, said in a Facebook post that a driver "ran into two cars" in a Walmart parking lot.
According to the police department, an eyewitness "saw the suspect barrelling down on him but couldn't get out of the way." He was "shocked" to later discover that there was a dog behind the wheel.
"Yep, the pooch was actually behind the wheel when the crash occurred," police said.
A police investigation revealed that the dog was sitting in an unoccupied vehicle while its owners were shopping. The dog got a "little antsy" and its bounces set the truck in motion, according to the Kilgore Police Department.
Police said that the "pooch must have placed the vehicle in drive" and determined that its leash got caught on the emergency brake, consequently releasing it.
"It doesn't sound feasible, but an eyewitness saw the pooch behind the wheel just before the crash," police said. "He certainly has a guilty look on his face."
Nobody was injured in the incident.
- ‘Padman of 2022’: Shark Peyush Bansal offers founder of women’s hygiene startup PadCare a blank cheque
- ITC Q3 net profit rises 23% to Rs 5,070 cr; revenue up 3.5%
- Adani’s stock rout can impact its ability to raise capital or refinance debt, says Moody’s
- IndiGo profit soars to ₹1,422.6 crore in December quarter
- Tata Power Q3 net profit nearly doubles to ₹1,052 crore