The best sleep trackers
- A good night's sleep is essential to your overall health and well being.
- The best sleep trackers can help you catch more zzzs with actionable advice and metrics.
- The SleepScore Max is the best sleep tracker because it actively gives suggestions on how to improve your sleep and your health.
Sleep is a pretty important part of our life. On average, humans spend around a third of their lives asleep, and while that sounds like a lot, it makes sense. After all, sleep is when your body heals itself after a long day. Still, all too many of us take sleep for granted, and that's a problem. Some studies indicate that as many as 30% of adults suffer from some level of insomnia. Being able to track your sleep can be super helpful because you can use the data to help tweak your sleeping habits and improve your quality of sleep.There are many sleep trackers to choose from, and they range in price from $50 to hundreds of dollars. As a note, for this guide, we're only testing dedicated sleep trackers - not wearables. Those wearables aren't really sleep trackers, anyway. They're fitness trackers that can monitor sleep, too.Advertisement
There are a few things you'll want to consider before you buy a sleep tracker. For starters, you'll want to think about the metrics you want to track. Some trackers can monitor your heart rate, while others rely on breathing patterns to track your sleep. You'll also want to think about the form of the tracker. Some have strips that you place under your mattress, while others cover your entire bed under your sheet, and others still use infrared to detect movement from your nightstand.
Another important aspect of sleep trackers is the app they connect to. Each of our picks has an easy-to-use app for your phone or computer, though some give better advice than others. We tested several sleep trackers to find our top picks.
Here are the best sleep trackers you can buy:
- Best sleep tracker overall: SleepScore Max
- Best sleep tracker for couples: Eight Sleep Tracker
- Best budget sleep tracker: Beautyrest Sleeptracker
- Best sleep tracker for athletes: Emfit QS
- Best sleep tracker for kids: Sleep Number SleepIQ K1
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best sleep tracker overall
The best sleep tracker for couplesAdvertisement
The best budget sleep tracker
The best sleep tracker for athletesAdvertisement
The best sleep tracker for kids
Check out more great buying guides for bedtimeAdvertisement
- May impose total lockdown if COVID-19 situation worsens: Meghalaya DyCM
- COVID 19 death toll reaches 97 in Bihar, tally climbs to 12,525
- India's COVID-19 tally, fatality rate per million population lowest in world: Govt
- 99 test positive, Chhattisgarh COVID-19 count touches 3,415
- COVID-19: HC asks DU to clear stand on final year exams date sheet