It's Black Monday in the NFL as 8 teams are now looking for new head coaches
Dustin Bradford/Getty Images
- The NFL offseason began with a bang on "Black Monday" with six more head coaches being fired.
- Together with the Browns and Packers making their mid-season firings, there are now eight head coaching vacancies in the NFL.
- Some teams searching will likely look to hire some of the newly available coaches, while others will look to candidates outside of the 2018 class.
It's Black Monday in the NFL as six more head coaches have been fired.
With two other teams already working with interim head coaches, there are now eight clubs that will be looking for new head coaches in the coming weeks. With 12 teams still alive for the Super Bowl, this could mean plenty of NFL subplots during the playoffs, especially as coordinators on playoff teams emerge as candidates for various jobs.
Here are the eight coaches who have lost their jobs so far.
Marvin Lewis — Cincinnati Bengals
Adam Gase — Miami Dolphins
Vance Joseph — Denver Broncos
Steve Wilks — Arizona Cardinals
Dirk Koetter — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Todd Bowles — New York Jets
Mike McCarthy — Green Bay Packers
Hue Jackson — Cleveland Browns
Read more about the NFL:
- The state of Uttar Pradesh and how it’s been feeding Facebook ad revenues
- Oscar winner A R Rahman says India should tell 'West stories' from its own narrative
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 expected to retain the clamshell design and offer a more powerful processor
- Supreme Court dismisses review petitions filed by Cyrus Investments in Tata vs Cyrus Mistry
- Sony’s all-new PlayStation 5 model was spotted in Japan featuring updated radio equipment
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction