Ivanka Trump mistakenly congratulates Boris Johnson on becoming prime minister of the 'United Kingston'
- Ivanka Trump has congratulated Boris Johnson on winning the contest to be prime minister of "the United Kingston."
- The first president's daughter was congratulating Johnson, who will become prime minister on Wednesday.
- Donald Trump also congratulated Johnson, tweeting: "Congratulations to Boris Johnson on becoming the new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. He will be great!"
- Ivanka Trump's tweet has now been deleted and replaced one which spells the United Kingdom correctly.
LONDON - Ivanka Trump has congratulated Boris Johnson on winning the race to become the next prime minister of "the United Kingston" in a now-deleted tweet."Congratulations @BorisJohnson on becoming the next Prime Minister of the United Kingston," wrote the daughter of the US president on Twitter.Advertisement
Ivanka removed the post shortly after it was sent and replaced it with another in which the United Kingdom was spelt correctly.
Donald Trump also congratulated Johnson on his victory, tweeting: "Congratulations to Boris Johnson on becoming the new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. He will be great!"The US President has previously referred to Johnson as his "friend," and the pair are believed to have held discussions over the phone this week.Our Brexit Insider Facebook group is the best place for up-to-date news and analysis about Britain's departure from the EU, direct from Business Insider's political reporters. Join here.Advertisement
- US House Speaker tests positive for coronavirus
- Assam's COVID-19 tally rises to 11,736 with 735 fresh cases
- Kerala govt makes compulsory for public to follow COVID-19 norms till 2021
- Jharkhand reports 53 new cases of COVID-19, 1 more death
- COVID-19: Delhi govt orders compulsory rapid antigen detection test for high-risk individuals