Japan Tanks Again
The Japanese stock market is standing out as the ugliest market in the world right now. The Nikkei fell 2.1% in Wednesday trading. It's now tumbled significantly for three straight days, even as the other global markets have seen some stabilization.
One factor weighing on Japan was a major Toyota recall affecting 6.4 million vehicles. The company says it is aware of no deaths associated with the mechanical issues. The stock dropped 3%.
Other than tht, markets are mostly quiet. US futures are totally flat. German stocks and the UK are up a little bit.
The big event in the US today will be the FOMC, which will shed more light on the first meeting under Janet Yellen.
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’
- Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
- Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera with interchangeable lens launched in India
- US, India, Japan, Australia to sign pact for stepping up chip production, reduce dependence on China
- Here’s how to schedule an email in Gmail