Jeremy Corbyn declares support for Brexit referendum amendment
LONDON - The Labour Party will this week either support or table an amendment for a new Brexit referendum, leader Jeremy Corbyn has announced.
In a move that will delight anti-Brexit Labour MPs and the the party's overwhelmingly pro-EU membership, Corbyn said he will "put forward or support an amendment in favour of a public vote to prevent a damaging Tory Brexit."More follows...Advertisement
Our Brexit Insider Facebook group is the best place for up-to-date news and analysis about Britain's departure from the EU, direct from Business Insider's political reporters. Join here.
- SpaceX and NASA's next manned mission is set to take off on Halloween
- Xiaomi launches Mi Watch Revolve, Mi Smart Speaker and other smart home products in India
- Bypolls to one Lok Sabha and 56 assembly seats on November 3 and 7: Election Commission
- Samsung announces price cut on Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11 affordable smartphones in India
- Serum Institute to manufacture 200 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine