Jimmy Fallon returns to 'Tonight Show' after being in the ICU for 10 days and almost losing his finger
Fallon explained the injury resulted from him tripping and falling in his kitchen, but it certainly gets more harrowing.
"So, I'm getting up and my finger is sideways," he continued.
Thinking he broke his finger, Fallon took a cab to the emergency room. Apparently, he misdiagnosed the injury. A doctor told him that he didn't break his finger, he was suffering from "ring avulsion." Basically, his ring got stuck on the countertop and pulled his finger out of its socket. Many times, the injury results in losing the finger.
Fallon was then transferred from Beth Israel Hospital's emergency room to Bellevue Hospital and a specialist in hand micro-surgery named David Chiu. The surgeon actually had to use a vein from Fallon's foot to repair his finger.
Fallon ended his story by thanking the staff at Bellevue Hospital for taking care of him.
"I started losing it halfway through," Fallon added.
Watch the video below:
NOW WATCH: Is the 5-second rule a real thing?
- Lionel Messi wants to extend Argentina career and play in 2024 Copa America
- The 10 largest and most magnificent Hindu god statues worldwide
- Red flags for Indian equities emerge after crude oil jumps 30% since June this year
- Motorola Edge 40 Neo vs iQOO Z7 Pro – The phone to consider under ₹25,000
- Jasnil Kumar who works in a garment store becomes KBC 15's second crorepati