JOE SCARBOROUGH: If The 'Far Right' Hadn't 'Overplayed Their Hand,' Obama Would Get More Criticism On Benghazi
Scarborough suggested that the seriousness of the attack — which left four people dead — was undermined by "screaming" from the right.
"You talk about overplaying your hand," Scarborough said. "If a lot of people on the far right hadn't overplayed their hand on
Scarborough's comments came amid new details of the State Department's editing of the talking points on the attack. ABC's Jon Karl reported Friday morning that contrary to previous White House suggestions, the State Department had a key hand in scrubbing references to terror and CIA warnings about possible threats in the months before the attack.
Scarborough said that the new revelations could have major implications for then-Secretary of State
"I think it's safe to say 'the building's leadership' is Hillary," Scarborough said, referencing a line from one of the State Department's emails.
Watch the clip of Scarborough below, courtesy of MSNBC:
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Aditya Birla AMC IPO’s grey market premium stands at ₹70 per share; up 10% from issue price band
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- MyGlamm has set aside $100 million to acquire 6 beauty and personal care brands under new entity
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state