LeBron James nearly lost it on the bench during a depressing Cavs huddle following J.R. Smith's Game 1 blunder
- New footage shows the Cleveland Cavaliers in a depressed state before they went to overtime in Game 1 of the NBA Finals against the Golden State Warriors.
- The moment comes immediately after J.R. Smith's crucial late-game blunder in which he forgot the score and dribbled out the final seconds of the clock instead of passing or shooting the ball.
- LeBron James, in particular, seems to nearly lose it after learning the Cavs had a timeout to spare.
The Cleveland Cavaliers' attitudes following J.R. Smith's blunder to end Game 1 of the Finals last Thursday were not good.
New footage shows the Cavs returning to the bench to prepare for overtime against the Warriors, and it includes a lot of silence and blank stares.
The moment came after Smith forgot the score of the game and dribbled out the final four seconds with the Cavs and Warriors tied at 107 apiece. Reports indicated after the game that the Cavs were even more upset at the reversed charge call on Kevin Durant that awarded the Warriors two game-tying free throws. In total, in less than 40 seconds, the Cavs lost a chance to steal Game 1 on the road against a vastly superior team.
During the huddle, LeBron James appeared to ask head coach Tyronn Lue if the Cavs had a timeout remaining (meaning Smith could have called a timeout to get them an extra shot). When James learned they did, he nearly lost it.
Somehow, the pain of that loss only seems to get worse. Watch the footage below (James' reaction comes at around 1:36):
More NBA Finals coverage:
- Warriors fans troll JR Smith with 'MVP' chants and signs
- LeBron James may have authored the greatest Finals game ever, and it slipped through the Cavs' hands
- LeBron James told Stephen Curry to 'get the f--- out' of his face after a lighthearted joke from Curry following a blocked shot
- Devastating photo shows J.R. Smith missed wide-open teammate LeBron James during his late-game blunder
- This photo of a very upset LeBron James sums up the brutal way the Cleveland Cavaliers blew the win in the final seconds
This is heartbreaking! Long uncut footage of LeBron, JR Smith & George Hill after Smith's mistake in Game 1. pic.twitter.com/MplQoAkk0a- Ballislife.com (@Ballislife) June 4, 2018
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store