Look At Facebook's Gorgeous New Data Center Built With Its Game-Changing Servers
Look at the picture. Notice what's missing? Not a single logo from a single manufacturer.
Instead, this new data is filled entirely with the funky-looking custom servers and other hardware that
Facebook, via the OCP, gives away those designs for free to any
The OCP project is about two years old now and it has become a phenom that has grown far beyond Facebook and far beyond servers. OCP is also tackling storage and network gear.
Facebook's ultimate goal is to do for hardware what Linux did for software: create open source hardware where users are calling the shots, not just hardware vendors.
The Luleå data center is cool for another reason. It's 100% powered by renewable hydro-electric energy.
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani