MAP: Here's Where Single Americans Have No Qualms About Revealing Pot Use On Their Online Dating Profiles
From AYI's blog post about the study, their biggest finding was that "the states where people were the most likely to admit doing drugs were also the states who were most strongly considering legalizing weed."
The top five states in the study include Colorado and Washington, where recreational marijuana has just been legalized. In both states, 8.9% of AYI's users indicated that they use drugs sometimes or often on their profiles.
The only three states with more users admitting to drug use - Alaska (10.7%), Maine (9.9%), and Vermont (9.4%) - all already allow medical marijuana use and are moving in the direction of full legalization.
Unsurprisingly, the states with the fewest drug users are among the more culturally conservative states - Utah and Virginia with 3.3%, Louisiana, West Virginia and Mississippi with 3.1%, and South Carolina with 3.0%.
Here is AYI's map of users who admitted to using drugs:
And here is a map of current marijuana laws in each state:
The overlap is noteworthy - of the top ten states, marijuana is fully illegal only in Idaho and North Dakota.
If AYI's users are any indication, don't be surprised if Alaska's marijuana legalization referendum does well this summer.
Check out AYI's blog post on the study for more info.
- Neobanking platform Vance raises $5.8 million in seed round led by Hummingbird Ventures
- Natural gas price increase negative for GAIL, IGL, marginal beneficiary is RIL: Jefferies
- Auto sales remain buoyant in September with reports of a good festive season ahead
- IAF scrambles fighter jets after bomb scare on Iranian civilian plane in Indian airspace
- Delhi reports over 400 cases of dengue in a week, taking the tally to 937
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World