Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio wins again, government okays fine of ₹30.5 billion from Vodafone Idea, Airtel
telecom department’s decision making body Digital Communications Commission has approved the penalty to be paid by Vodafone Ideaand Airtel.
- The penalty amount stands at ₹30.5 billion.
- Jio had registered a case against Airtel and Vodafone Idea for having denied interconnection.
Digital Communications Commission is the Department of Telecom’s highest decision-making body.
Earlier in June, the DCC had approved for the penalty. However, the panel had asked the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India to review its initial suggested penalty amount of ₹30.5 billion. Now, TRAI has given a go ahead to the same fine amount.
The decision has now been sent to the Department of Telecom for the final approval.
According to reports, Vodafone Idea and Airtel had both failed to comply with their agreements for interconnection with Reliance Jio because of which Jio users were unable to make calls to users from other networks.
- Inside pics of the new Mahindra Thar 2020 — The next-gen SUV
- Mahindra Thar 2020 is set to make a market debut today— here’s what to watch out for
- Best hair removal creams for women
- Independence day 2020 slogans, quotes and messages from famous personalities
- Best affordable wired keyboards for home and office use