People are flipping Supreme products for over 20 times their usual price. Here are some of the most expensive things for sale right now.
- Teens are obsessed with Supreme, a skater brand that has seen mainstream success in recent years.
- Supreme has garnered a lot of attention in the last week after copies of the New York Post with Supreme ads on the cover flew off the shelves. Almost all Supreme products sell out instantly.
- There is a huge market for reselling Supreme products because of the extremely high demand. Some of the most highly coveted Supreme products are listed on eBay for thousands of dollars.
Supreme, Gen Z's favorite skater brand, is in high demand - so much so that some shoppers are willing to pay thousands of dollars for the most coveted products.
Supreme was founded in 1994 by James Jebbia and has since grown from a skater-centric brand to a mainstream apparel brand with its own cult following. The brand ranked seventh among upper-income teens' favorite brands in a spring 2018 survey by Piper Jaffray, and in 2017, Supreme received a roughly $500 million cash infusion from The Carlyle Group, which valued the brand at $1 billion.
Last week, loyal fans snatched up copies of the New York Post that featured a wraparound Supreme ad on the cover. The papers, which typically costs $1.50, flew off the shelves. Copies of it are now listed on eBay for many times its normal listing price.
There's a huge market for reselling Supreme products because of the extremely high demand for the brand.
Typically, small items like pins and stickers are under $30, while shirts, bags, and hats will cost between $30 and $100. Jackets, hoodies, and pants usually cost between $100 and $300, with a few outliers. While these products may be flipped for a few hundred dollars, some are resold for thousands.
The most coveted products, including the Supreme/Louis Vuitton hoodie and the iconic Supreme box logo tee, are listed on eBay and other marketplace apps like Grailed for tens of thousands of dollars - in some cases, over 20 times the retail price. While all of these prices are negotiable, and sellers are just trying to get the best offer they can, it's a serious amount of cash.
These are the Supreme products listed at the highest prices on eBay and Grailed right now:
Supreme/Coleman mini bike: $4,050
Supreme/The North Face jacket: $4,050
Supreme/RIMOWA suitcase: $4,200
Supreme 1994 box logo hoodie: $4,500
Supreme x Louis Vuitton denim jacket: $8,000
Supreme/Louis Vuitton hoodie: $9,950
Supreme/Bape pink box logo t-shirt: $10,000
Supreme/Louis Vuitton coat: $12,000
Supreme/Louis Vuitton monogram skateboard deck: $12,000
Supreme/The North Face set of 2 jackets: $13,500
Supreme/Louis Vuitton backpack: $14,850
Supreme/Fender guitar: $14,999
Supreme/Everlast heavy bag: $17,000
Supreme/Artek chair: $18,000
Supreme/The North Face set of 4 jackets: $18,000
Supreme/Louis Vuitton Bomber Jacket: $21,500
Supreme/Thom Browne button-down dress shirt: $23,001
Supreme/Bape blue box logo t-shirt: $25,000
Supreme/Louis Vuitton hoodie: $29,999.99
- Bharti Airtel's revenues soar by 22% year on year, net profit 165% in Q4FY22
- Volkswagen Virtus vs Skoda Slavia: Specifications and features compared
- LIC makes a weak debut on exchanges today: Here is what analysts have to say
- Top free iPhone and iPad games for all age groups
- Best phones under ₹50,000 in India