People Are Going Ballistic On Burger King's Facebook Page
The American fast-food chain has agreed to merge with Canadian coffee and donut chain Tim Hortons. As a result, Burger King will become a Canadian company and will be able to take advantage of a lower corporate tax rate via a tax inversion.
Tax inversions have become a big corporate trend as companies seek to lower their tax bills. This time, though, we have a major household name company taking advantage of it and people have noticed.
Thousands of Burger King's 7 million-plus Facebook fans have called the fast-food restaurant and "traitor" and "un-American."
Check it out:
- Rishi Sunak on spending spree on skills, healthcare in UK Budget
- New IPL teams: BCCI expecting anything between ₹7,000-₹10,000 crore with Adani, Goenka, Aurobindo in fray
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one