People can't figure out how you're supposed to get in and out of this stunning rooftop infinity pool with 360-degree views. Here's how it will work.
- Compass Pools is designing an infinity pool that will sit atop a 55-story building in London, providing 360-degree views of the city.
- But many people are confused about how a swimmer would enter and exit the pool.
- Some Twitter onlookers likened the design to an experiment in "The Sims" gone wrong.
- Visit Business Insider for more stories.
Infinity pools are a staple of beachside resorts and high-end hotels - but you probably haven't seen one quite like this. Compass Pools is planning to build a borderless pool at the top of a 55-story London skyscraper providing a 360-degree view of the city skyline.
But there's just one problem. People are confused about how you're supposed to enter and exit the pool.
Compass Pools' website says that swimmers will use a spiral staircase "based on the door of a submarine" that rises from the pool's floor. Alex Kemsley, swimming pool designer and technical director for Compass Pools, told Business Insider sister site INSIDER that the staircase works like "a tube in a tube."
"The first tube is to cut a path through the water and create an airlock," he said. "The second to deliver the staircase up to water level." The company opted not to add stairs to the outside of the building or the pool because it would spoil the view.
He added that the staircase is controlled by a programmable logic controller, which ensures that all locks and valves operate at the correct time.
But that didn't stop onlookers from speculating how swimmers are supposed to get in and out of the pool following the news of its debut.
Many people compared the pool's design to a real-life experiment in the popular life simulator video game "The Sims" gone awry.
Construction plans for the building are scheduled to start in 2020, and the top floors will include a five-star hotel, a spa, apartments, and luxury retail outposts. Other than its mysterious entry and exit mechanism, the pool will feature a clear floor so that swimmers can see the guests below and vice versa and an anemometer to measure the wind speed, ensuring water doesn't spill out to the street below.
I have questions... how do you get in? How do you get out? What happens when it rains and London gets flooded by a mega infinity pool? https://t.co/QlGVNo2jQU- Tamica (@TamicaGreenaway) June 7, 2019
Would you dare to swim in world's 1st infinity pool with 360-degree views?- Beth Sheehan (@PawsandtheLaw) June 7, 2019
Take a look at photos.
Where are the stairs?
Thinking about that infinity pool and how you're supposed to get in it and I've had a few ideas: pic.twitter.com/KkknINOH78- DocHackenbush (@DocHackenbush) June 7, 2019
I think someone have been playing to much the sims by removing the ladder. https://t.co/gWTXKftjMu- Sam (@samet63) June 7, 2019
For everyone who enjoyed killing Sims in 2001 https://t.co/RKXNu03RDJ- Edd Moore (@Edd13Moore) June 7, 2019
I see this as proof that we all live in an advanced version of The Sims. There's no way in or out of that pool. Those people are going to die.- Justine (@TwinJusie) June 7, 2019
Come on, you all know you did this too!
This is what you get when the generation that was raised playing, "The Sims" reaches the age of designing buildings.- Larry Mathys (@LarryMathys) June 7, 2019
You know who you are, you sick ladder-yanking bastards... https://t.co/A6J95w7SUV
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Sensex, Nifty50 snap 8-day winning streak amid weak global cues – autos, financial services drag
- These companies are the top 10 employers in India as per Hurun list 2022
- Disney reveals AI tool that can re-age actors
- BYD dominates the electric car market in Q3 2022 with 6 cars in the top 10
- Tata Power to invest Rs 6,000 crore in 5 years Odisha towards EV charging, microgrids and more
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World