9 ways to make money as a teenager, from part-time jobs to online work
- There are more opportunities than ever to make money as a teenager, with options ranging from traditional part-time jobs to freelancing.
- For those who want something flexible, mowing lawns, detailing cars, and pet-sitting can be lucrative options.
- Selling items on sites like Etsy, Depop, and Poshmark has also become popular for teens looking to earn some cash.
View all Offers
- 14% OFF
iQOO 7 5G (Storm Black, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 29990₹ 34990Buy On
- 13% OFF
Redmi 9 Prime (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)- Full HD+ Display & AI Quad Camera₹ 10499₹ 11999Buy On
- 31% OFF
Apple iPhone XR (64GB) - Black₹ 32999₹ 47900Buy On
- 10% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Pro (Dark Night, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) -120hz Super Amoled Display|64MPwith 5mp Super Tele-Macro₹ 17999₹ 19999Buy On
- 11% OFF
iQOO 7 Legend 5G (Legendary Track Design, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement | Extra Rs.3000 Off on Exchange₹ 39990₹ 44990Buy On
There are more ways than ever to make money as a teenager, and the opportunities are more flexible, too. Even though the spread of COVID-19 cancelled out some traditional
How to make money as a teenager
1. An easy way to make money as a teen? Find a part-time job
Part-time jobs can be as much or as little work as you want them to be, and for those looking to go the traditional route, this is a great way to do it. There are plenty of part-time positions available in retail and food service right now (including food delivery and prep). If these feel like safe options where you live, they may be worth considering.
2. Sell items on Depop or Poshmark
3. Open an Etsy shop
If you're the creative type and can make something others want to buy, Etsy is an online marketplace that could bring you an income. Crafters, artists, designers, and many others have had success with Etsy shops.
4. Sell your skills and knowledge
Happen to be excellent at a school subject, sport, or play an instrument very well? If so, selling your expertise as a tutor to other students or younger students might be ideal for you. Doing this will allow you to have a flexible schedule, but still earn a good income.
5. Give pet-sitting or house-sitting a try
People might not be traveling the world right now, but they're still taking road trips and short flights within the US — and they might want to hire someone to watch their pet or home while they're gone. To up your game, online platforms like Care.com can help connect you to potential clients, and those as young as age 14 can sign up.
6. Help out a senior citizen
Happen to know a few seniors who could use help getting groceries, running errands, or doing other tasks? If so, they might be willing to pay you to help them out. Just be sure you're staying COVID safe by wearing a mask and remaining outside your neighbor's home as much as possible.
7. Detail cars in your free time
Invest some money in supplies like wax, car wash, glass cleaner, and microfiber towels. Then, grab a vacuum to start earning money as a car detailer. While it'll take a little bit of elbow grease, detailing cars is something that many people will pay you handsomely to do — a full detail by a professional can often cost as much as $200. Take your services on the road to customers to make your service even more valuable.
8. Help neighbors with yard work and lawn mowing
If your family will let you borrow a lawnmower, weed whacker, or other yard tools they don't use every day, lawn work can be a low-cost way to make an income on your terms. Companies that do this type of work can charge up to $50 per lawn.
9. Build your resume and portfolio by doing freelance work
Do you happen to know Photoshop, graphic design, website building, or any other type of creative work? If so, small businesses might be willing to hire you to help them out with tasks like flyer designs, webpage design, and other tasks. While you could go to platforms like Fiverr or Upwork, building local connections could bring bigger earnings, so ask your parents and your friends' parents for any leads.Related Content Module: More
- Best plastic stool for home in India
- Best wooden stool for living room in India
- PolicyBazaar’s parent to open its ₹5,700 crore IPO on November 1
- Best coffee and tea mugs for your office or home
- WHO may approve Bharat Biotech's Covaxin 'within 24 hours' for emergency use, according to media reports