9 ways to make money as a teenager, from part-time jobs to online work
- There are more opportunities than ever to make money as a teenager, with options ranging from traditional part-time jobs to freelancing.
- For those who want something flexible, mowing lawns, detailing cars, and pet-sitting can be lucrative options.
- Selling items on sites like Etsy, Depop, and Poshmark has also become popular for teens looking to earn some cash.
There are more ways than ever to make money as a teenager, and the opportunities are more flexible, too. Even though the spread of COVID-19 cancelled out some traditional
How to make money as a teenager
1. An easy way to make money as a teen? Find a part-time job
Part-time jobs can be as much or as little work as you want them to be, and for those looking to go the traditional route, this is a great way to do it. There are plenty of part-time positions available in retail and food service right now (including food delivery and prep). If these feel like safe options where you live, they may be worth considering.
2. Sell items on Depop or Poshmark
3. Open an Etsy shop
If you're the creative type and can make something others want to buy, Etsy is an online marketplace that could bring you an income. Crafters, artists, designers, and many others have had success with Etsy shops.
4. Sell your skills and knowledge
Happen to be excellent at a school subject, sport, or play an instrument very well? If so, selling your expertise as a tutor to other students or younger students might be ideal for you. Doing this will allow you to have a flexible schedule, but still earn a good income.
5. Give pet-sitting or house-sitting a try
People might not be traveling the world right now, but they're still taking road trips and short flights within the US — and they might want to hire someone to watch their pet or home while they're gone. To up your game, online platforms like Care.com can help connect you to potential clients, and those as young as age 14 can sign up.
6. Help out a senior citizen
Happen to know a few seniors who could use help getting groceries, running errands, or doing other tasks? If so, they might be willing to pay you to help them out. Just be sure you're staying COVID safe by wearing a mask and remaining outside your neighbor's home as much as possible.
7. Detail cars in your free time
Invest some money in supplies like wax, car wash, glass cleaner, and microfiber towels. Then, grab a vacuum to start earning money as a car detailer. While it'll take a little bit of elbow grease, detailing cars is something that many people will pay you handsomely to do — a full detail by a professional can often cost as much as $200. Take your services on the road to customers to make your service even more valuable.
8. Help neighbors with yard work and lawn mowing
If your family will let you borrow a lawnmower, weed whacker, or other yard tools they don't use every day, lawn work can be a low-cost way to make an income on your terms. Companies that do this type of work can charge up to $50 per lawn.
9. Build your resume and portfolio by doing freelance work
Do you happen to know Photoshop, graphic design, website building, or any other type of creative work? If so, small businesses might be willing to hire you to help them out with tasks like flyer designs, webpage design, and other tasks. While you could go to platforms like Fiverr or Upwork, building local connections could bring bigger earnings, so ask your parents and your friends' parents for any leads.Related Content Module: More
- Toyam Sports Limited signed up as title sponsor for India tour of Bangladesh
- Deadly Covid variants still transmissible between species, finds study
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World