A 19-year-old was arrested after he attempted to break into a South Carolina prison, report says
- Nathaniel Jose Perez, 19, reportedly tried to break into a
South Carolinaprison. Policeapprehended and arrested him in the middle of his attempt, when he got caught in razor wire and set off an alarm.
- Perez was carrying four backpacks' worth of
contrabanditems intended for delivery to incarcerated individuals.
A man was arrested Wednesday for attempting to break into a South Carolina prison, First Coast News reported.
The man, 19-year-old Nathaniel Jose Perez, tried to enter the Tyger River Correctional Institution in Enoree, South Carolina. His goal was to transport contraband items to incarcerated people held in the facility, police said, according to First Coast News.Perez reportedly triggered an alarm that alerted police to his presence, officials said.
When officers responded to the alarm, they discovered Perez had been carrying four backpacks filled with contraband items like cell phones, tobacco, and alcohol, according to First Coast News.He had been dispatched to the hospital and then transferred over to South Carolina Department of Corrections custody.
"I've not seen anybody trying to break in before," Stirling said. "But it can happen where they'll cut the fence really quickly, drop the contraband and go.""Obviously his plans did not go as he thought they would when he got caught up in the razor wire," he added. First News reported that Perez admitted to police that he intended to trade the contraband items for money. Perez faces multiple charges, including trespassing, marijuana possession with intent to distribute, and attempting to supply contraband to incarcerated individuals, the report said.
According to First Coast News, the police are aware of the intended recipients of the contraband materials. Those individuals will face disciplinary charges, the outlet said.
"We've moved them from that
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry