Florida man arrested after FBI says Facebook posts appear to show him entering the US Capitol, including an image of broken furniture with a 'US SENATE SERGEANT AT ARMS' sticker
- Adam Honeycutt was arrested Thursday at his girlfriend's house in
- The government alleges he unlawfully entered the
US Capitolon January 6.
- Honeycutt boasted of his involvement on Facebook, according to a criminal complaint.
A Florida man who posted videos on social media that appear to show him entering the US Capitol was arrested by federal agents on Thursday over his alleged role in the January 6 insurrection.
Adam Honeycutt was arrested after two people tipped off the
One tipster said they were "not friends with him" on Facebook but said, according to the complaint, that there was sufficient enough evidence on his public feed, "Including a picture of him holding a broken piece of a desk from within the Capitol."
That photo is included in the government's complaint, the broken furniture having a prominent sticker that reveals its owner: "US SENATE SERGEANT AT ARMS."
Days after the
"Hell, I was at the food truck when the shit hit the fan," he wrote on January 10, asserting that he would have said so sooner but he did not have reception. "Then got put in [Facebook] jail so I couldn't let yall know that I wasn't with the rioters."
He also changed his profile photo from one of him outside the Capitol to another featuring him and a small child.
Videos posted the day of the riot, reviewed by the FBI, however, suggest otherwise, according to the criminal complaint.
In one, he appears to be outside the Capitol as rioters clash with police, the complaint alleges. "It's about to go down!" he yells, according to the court documents. In another, the complaint alleges, he appears on camera and states, "Well, made it in."
His still-active Facebook page shows him to be a fan of Fox News personalities Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson. On January 28 he updated his profile photo again to a meme that depicts President Joe Biden as a character from "The Avengers," Thanos, snapping his fingers and eliminating oil industry jobs, a reference to the canceling of the Keystone XL pipeline.
Honeycutt is charged with entering restricted grounds, violent entry, and disorderly conduct. He was arrested at his girlfriend's house in Orange Park, Florida, a suburb of Jacksonville, according to local NBC News affiliate News4Jax. He faces up to six months in prison.
His lawyer, Lee Lockett, did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment. However, he told News4Jax that his client is cooperating with authorities.
Prosecutors are seeking to prevent Honeycutt from being released on bail, alleging that they found marijuana and improperly secured guns when they arrested him.
Honeycutt is himself a bail bondsman, the complaint says, a LinkedIn page stating that he has worked as one since August 2018.
A hearing, at the federal courthouse in Jacksonville, is set for Tuesday morning.
Have a news tip? Email this reporter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons