Two 'heroes' were beaten unconscious after stepping in to try and stop a woman from being sexually assaulted: reports
- Two '
heroes' were beaten unconscious in Stoke-on-Trent, England, last Sunday morning, according to police.
- The men had intervened to try and stop a woman from being "inappropriately touched," reports say.
- One of the men required facial reconstruction surgery after the
attackand remains in hospital.
View all Offers
- 27% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M12 (Blue,4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) 6000 mAh with 8nm Processor | True 48 MP Quad Camera | 90Hz Refresh Rate₹ 9499₹ 12999Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Lite Aurora Blue 4GB RAM 128GB ROM | Alexa Built-in₹ 14999₹ 15999Buy On
- 21% OFF
iQOO Z3 5G (Cyber Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | India's First SD 768G 5G Processor | 55W FlashCharge | Upto 9 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement₹ 17990₹ 24990Buy On
- 16% OFF
Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) - Black₹ 41999₹ 49900Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 Pro 5G (Morning Mist, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 60999₹ 64999Buy On
Two British men were beaten unconscious after they reportedly stepped in to stop a woman from being sexually assaulted last Sunday morning.
The local media outlet reported that one of the two men, 25, required facial reconstruction surgery after the woman's assailants attacked him. He remains in hospital.
The 19-year-old victim has since been discharged from the Royal Stoke University Hospital, StokeonTrentLive said.
The British media have dubbed "heroes" for their valiant attempt to protect the woman.
Friends and relatives have praised the young men.
"My stepson and his friend showed pure bravery. These two deserve a medal for putting themselves in danger. My stepson has multiple broken bones in his face due to the guys stamping on his face," said Ben Mortimer, as reported by the Daily Express.
Initial reports indicated that the men stepped in to prevent rape. A Staffordshire Police spokesperson told Insider: "We want to clarify that, following inquiries, there was not a report of attempted rape of a female ahead of an assault of two men that took place on Stafford Street in Hanley on 5 September 2021."
There was, however, an "allegation of a woman being touched inappropriately," the spokesperson said.
According to the Crown Prosecution Service,
On Thursday, police arrested a 23-year-old man on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent. He has since been released on conditional bail pending further inquiries.
Officers are now trying to identify another man they wish to speak to in connection with the attack.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Manoj Bajpayee and Pankaj Tripathi reminisce childhood days in BL Agro's latest ad for Bail Kolhu
- Snapchat reaches 100 million monthly users in India, partners with Flipkart, Zomato and MyGlamm for AR integrations
- Former Punjab CM Amarinder Singh announces new political outfit ahead of assembly elections
- Microsoft records $20.5 billion in profits for July-September quarter riding on cloud, office biz
- Best barbeque sets for an easy grill