How can I check my name in the voter list
Before you head of cast your ballot for the any Assembly or lok sabha election in India, you should confirm if you’re on the
Not too long ago, the process was fairly cumbersome. Now, you can check whether or not you’re on the voter list while you’re sitting at home, either on your computer or through your phone.
Here’s how to check your name on the voter list online in
- Log onto www.nvsp.in
- Click on the first box on the site, coloured in orange, which reads, “Search in Electoral Roll”.
- A new tab will open in your browser with two options. You either search for your name using your EPIC number or by entering your details.
- For the “Search by details”, you will have to enter your name, father or husband’s name, age, gender and state. After entering the captcha code, if you’re on the electoral roll, the relevant records will show up below.
- For the “Search by EPIC number”, you will only have to enter your Voter ID Card number and the website will confirm whether or not you’re on the electoral roll.
- When the result shows up, please ensure that your name and location are accurate.
- In case the search does not turn up a result, that means you’re not the electoral roll and that your name is missing.
For any other changes to your details, you will have to fill out Form 8. In case your address is incorrectly listed, you will have to fill out Form 8A.
Here’s how to check your name on the voter list by mobile:
- The easiest way to check your name on the electoral rolls is to open your web browser and follow the steps listed above.
- Alternatively, you can also SMS (SMS-EPIC<space>VOTERID NUMBER) to 7738299899.
How you can check PM Kisan scheme beneficiaries list
Top 10 richest people in the world
- Google photos will charge $1.99 per month for 100 GB storage from June 1
- Best smartphones under ₹10,000 in India
- Tamil Nadu government to bear all expenses of COVID patients in private hospitals
- CoWin portal to make 4-digit security code mandatory from May 8