'I'm not on it tonight': Bernie Sanders insists he's not 'on' medical marijuana at Democratic debate
- Sen. Bernie Sanders joked that he wasn't "on" marijuana when asked about his health during Tuesday night's Democratic debate.
After CNN host Erin Burnett attempted to change the debate topic to the issue of the candidates' health, Sen. Cory Booker joked, "Sen. Sanders is in favor of medical marijuana, I want to make that clear."
- Sanders, who recently suffered a heart attack, laughed and said, "I'm not on it tonight."
- The fourth debate, hosted by CNN and The New York Times in Columbus, Ohio, featured a whopping 12 candidates.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Sen. Bernie Sanders joked that he wasn't "on" marijuana while answering a question about his health during Tuesday night's Democratic presidential debate.After CNN host Erin Burnett attempted to change the debate topic to the issue of the candidates' health following a discussion of the pharmaceutical industry, Sen. Cory Booker joked, "Sen. Sanders is in favor of medical marijuana, I want to make that clear."Advertisement
Sanders, who recently suffered a heart attack, laughed and said, "I'm not on it tonight."
"You have executives, CEOs of major pharmaceutical companies making tens of millions of dollars a year. And in this particular case with the opioids, they knew that they were selling a product to communities all over this country which were addicting people and killing them," Sanders said. "This is what unfettered capitalism is doing to this country."Burnett then asked Sanders how he can reassure the American public that he's physically fit for the presidency. Sanders replied by pointing to his active campaign schedule. "Well, let me invite you all to a major rally we're having in Queens, New York," Sanders said. "We are going to be mounting a vigorous campaign all over this country. That is how I think I can reassure the American people."Advertisement
He concluded by thanking his supporters and colleagues for "their love, for their prayers, for their well wishes."
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends
(Moderator tries to pivot from opioids/pot to Bernie's health)- Dan Diamond (@ddiamond) October 16, 2019
SANDERS: I'm healthy, I'm feeling great, but I would like to respond to that question.
BOOKER: Senator Sanders is in favor of medical marijuana, I want to make that clear.
SANDERS: I'm not on it tonight. pic.twitter.com/BBlyMcDcfD
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store