The biggest star of the first day of impeachment hearings was apparently George Kent's water bottle
- George Kent, a deputy assistant secretary for Europe and Eurasian affairs, testified before House Intelligence Committee lawmakers in the first televised hearing in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump on Wednesday.
- He brought a massive 64-ounce Nalgene water bottle with him to the hearing. The water bottle was featured in dozens of photos of his testimony.
- People on social media had a field day making jokes about the the huge bottle and West's unquenchable thirst. Nalgene even posted an ad for the product in the middle of the hearing.
- A Fox News contributor made fun of Kent for hydrating, saying his Nalgene looked "like a medical sized water silo."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
George Kent, a deputy assistant secretary for Europe and Eurasian affairs, brought a massive 64-ounce water bottle to the first televised hearing of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump on Wednesday, and people on social media made it the day's biggest star.
Kent testified before House Intelligence Committee lawmakers alongside the US diplomat in Ukraine, Bill Taylor.As a key witness in the inquiry, Kent testified about former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani's efforts on Trump's behalf to get information about former Vice President Joe Biden from Ukraine.
But Kent's blue, 64-ounce Nalgene water bottle took center stage at the hearing, standing out from the usual eight-ounce plastic water bottles carried into the hearings by officials.
At 64 ounces, the bottle holds enough water to stay hydrated all day. The water bottle is so big, in fact, that it appeared in dozens of pictures of Kent and Taylor throughout the hearing.
For physical size reference, here's a photo of Kent carrying the water bottle after the hearing:
People on social media were quick to praise the water bottle for being ec0-friendly, and also made jokes about it being so large.Nalgene even joined took the opportunity to post an ad for the water bottle during the hearing.
But not everyone was thrilled with West's quest for hydration. Fox News was one of the few places mocking the water bottle.
Network contributor Raymond Arroyo told "Ingraham Angle" host Laura Ingraham that it was "like a medical sized water silo."
In addition to a snazzy bowtie, George Kent has Big Nalgene Water Bottle Energy pic.twitter.com/DYiSpSv5wW- Arlen Parsa (@arlenparsa) November 13, 2019
Bowtie, re-usable water bottle, confident stride. George Kent's ready to fuck some shit up. pic.twitter.com/B3QQML344S- Dexter the Dog (@dexter_doggie) November 13, 2019
I am truly, deeply, madly obsessed with the prominence of George Kent's absolutely gargantuan @nalgene during his time in front of the House Intelligence Committee. Who is this water bottle's agent because it showed up in every shot. https://t.co/jNTqRtCWDy- R. Eric Thomas (@oureric) November 13, 2019