The key battleground seats which will decide the UK general election
- The United Kingdom's general election takes place today.
- Voters will go the polls across the country as Boris Johnson tries to secure a parliamentary majority.
- The polls will close at 10 pm (GMT) with the first results expected at around midnight.
- There are several key seats nationwide which could go some way to determining the outcome.
- Here are 6 to follow.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Voters in the United Kingdom go to the polls on Thursday for the most important general election in decades.
Boris Johnson's Conservatives are seeking a parliamentary majority which would help the prime minister get his Brexit deal through Parliament and take the UK out of the European Union after years of parliamentary deadlock.
Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party, by contrast, is asking voters to back a radical shakeup of the UK economy with tax rises for the wealthiest voters and big investments in public services.
Polling experts suggest there are around 100 seats where the result could be too close to call, meaning the UK could be heading either for another hung parliament or a landslide Conservative majority.
Polls will close at 10 pm (GMT) with the first results expected to be announced from around midnight.
Here are six key battleground seats which could decide the UK general election.
Our Brexit Insider Facebook group is the best place for up-to-date news and analysis about Britain's departure from the EU, direct from Business Insider's political reporters. Join here.