The wife of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tested positive for the coronavirus, according to reports
- THe wife of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tested positive for the coronavirus, according to The Globe and Mail's Marieke Walsh.
- Trudeau under self-isolation after his wife starting showing symptoms on Wednesday and underwent testing.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, the wife of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, tested positive for the coronavirus on Thursday, The Globe and Mail's Marieke Walsh reported.Justin Trudeau was under self-isolation after his wife starting showing symptoms on Wednesday after a speaking event in the United Kingdom.
"She immediately sought medical advice, and is being tested for the COVID-19 virus. She is self-isolating at home awaiting test results, and her symptoms have since subsided."As of Thursday, Canada has 117 confirmed cases of coronavirus and one death. The coronavirus has infected more than 128,000 worldwide and the death toll has surpassed 4,700.
Representatives from the prime minister's office did not immediately respond to emails from Insider for comment.This story is breaking. We will update as more information becomes available.
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise