Trump leaned into Twitter in 2019, tweeting twice the number of times as he did in 2018
- President Donald Trump leaned into his already aggressive use of Twitter in 2019.
- Over the last year, the president tweeted 7,700 times to his 68 million followers - up from 3,600 in 2018.
- Trump has tweeted more frequently as his presidency has progressed and his habit has surged since the House impeachment proceedings began in October, according to a recent New York Times report.
- Visit Business Insider's home page for more stories.
President Donald Trump leaned into his already aggressive use of Twitter in 2019.
Trump has tweeted more frequently as his presidency has progressed and his habit has surged since the House impeachment proceedings began in October, according to a recent report in the New York Times.
On December 12, Trump set new a record for the number of tweets he's sent in a single day: 123. The messages, which came in the midst of impeachment, largely involved Trump slamming the impeachment process.
"Can you believe that I will be impeached today by the Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrats, AND I DID NOTHING WRONG!" Trump wrote. "A terrible Thing. Read the Transcripts. This should never happen to another President again. Say a PRAYER!"
When the president isn't promoting himself and his administration, his tweets are often filled with vitriol. The Times found that since he took office over half of his tweets have included attacks on those he opposes - chiefly Democrats, news outlets, including The Times, CNN, and NBC News, and the investigations into his alleged wrongdoing.
Among his most high-profile attacks were a series of tweets targeting freshmen Democratic congresswomen Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley - the self-described "squad."
Trump told the lawmakers, all of whom are US citizens and three of whom were born in the US, to "go back" to the "crime infested" countries they came from.
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Bill Gates says political polarization 'may bring it all to an end' and could even lead to a civil war
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World