Trump's team released a video of him as Thanos, the villain who commits genocide in the 'Avengers' movies, and people are puzzled
- On Tuesday, House Democrats, led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, announced two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.
- Trump took to Twitter, accusing Democrats of conducting a "witch hunt."
- One of the Trump team's Twitter accounts - called "Trump War Room" - posted a video that superimposes the president's face onto Marvel super-villain Thanos from the "Avengers" movie franchise.
- Thanos' goal in life is to wipe out half of all life in the universe. In the Twitter video, the Trump/Thanos character snaps his fingers to make Pelosi, Schiff, and Nadler disappear.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
In the "Avengers" franchise, superheroes struggle to prevent a super-villain from wiping out half of all life in the universe.On Tuesday, President Donald Trump's team released a video depicting the president as that bad guy: Thanos.Advertisement
In the video, shared on the "Trump War Room" Twitter account (which is managed by the #TeamTrump 2020 campaign), Trump's face is superimposed onto Thanos' body. The hybrid character snaps his fingers to make House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, and Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff disappear from existence.
The video came after House Democrats unveiled two articles of impeachment against Trump, charging him with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.After that announcement, Trump took to his own Twitter account, accusing the Democrats of lying. Then came the video.
Thanos snaps people out of existenceThanos, a genocidal warlord with a bulbous head and chin, utilizes a weapon called the infinity gauntlet in the movies "Avengers: Infinity War" and "Avengers: Endgame."Advertisement
When Thanos snaps his gauntlet-clad fingers, half of everything in existence dies.
Twitter users called Trump out for comparing himself to Thanos
Many Twitter users quickly reminded Trump about Thanos' evil nature, questioning the president's choice to compare himself and his re-election campaign to the villain.Advertisement
Some people pointed out that Thanos commits genocide, even murdering his own adopted daughter in his quest for power.
Others noted that Thanos dies at the end of the battle - he doesn't turn out to be the victor.Advertisement
Plus, Thanos doesn't succeed in making anyone disappear for good, either.As one Twitter user wrote, "Somebody forgot to tell the Trump War Room how 'Avengers: Endgame' ended for Thanos."Advertisement
Trump's official campaign twitter just tweeted a meme comparing him to THANOS.- Jordan D. White (@cracksh0t) December 10, 2019
You know... the villain who wants to MURDER HALF THE UNIVERSE.
And depicts him killing the Democrats. https://t.co/xoUjscFZR9
It's good the president identifies with the character that commits-- Wenzler Powers (@WenzlerPowers) December 10, 2019
Y'all realize that Thanos loses? He wipes out half the universe's population before the Avengers can defeat him and reverse the snap, and you think that he's the good guy?- lawhawk (@lawhawk) December 10, 2019
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry