A 1-year-old boy died after being raped by 2 Russian soldiers, Ukraine says
Ukraine's human rights ombudsman said a one-year-old boy was raped by Russian soldiers then died.
- She said her office gets new reports of sexual violence by Russian soldiers every day.
A one-year-old boy died after being raped by two Russian soldiers, the Ukrainian Parliament's Commissioner for Human Rights said on Thursday.
The accusation is one of the most horrific from
Denisova Liudmyla Leontiivna said in the statement that it gets reports of sexual violence against Ukrainians every day, including against children.
Leontiivna did not give further details of what is alleged to have happened, but said that the report had been received in the previous 24 hours. Insider could find no independent evidence for the claim.
The majority of new reports were coming from around Kharkiv, she said, though did not give a specific location for the allegation about the one-year-old. Most reports were made by relatives or, for those who did not die, by the victims themselves, she said.
Russian forces have this week been withdrawing from the area around Kharkiv, Ukraine's second-largest city, which had long been subject to heavy attacks.
The commissioner said on Thursday that her office recieved 10 reports of sexual violence in one hour on Thursday, including eight cases of minors being raped.
"I appeal to the UN Commission for Investigation Human Rights Violations during the Russian military invasion of Ukraine to take into account these facts of genocide of the Ukrainian people," Leontiivna said.
Russia's invasion of Ukraine has repeatedly been described as a genocide by Ukrainian officials, including President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, and reports of
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore