Biden, Harris, AOC, Zuckerberg, and Freeman permanently banned from Russia, but Trump is not on the list
Russiaissues new list of sanctions targeting US citizens including a ban on entering the country.
Joe Bidenand Vice-President Kamala Harrisare among those on the list.
Russia has drawn a new list of sanctions permanently banning 963 Americans from entering the country, including President Joe Biden and Vice-President Kamala Harris.
On Saturday, the Russian foreign ministry released the updated list of sanctions targeting a number of individuals in response to US support for
Biden administration members, Republications, tech executives, journalists, regular US citizens, actor
In a news release, the foreign ministry said: "Russia does not seek confrontation and is open to honest, mutually respectful dialogue, separating the American people, who are always respected by us, from the US authorities, who incite Russophobia, and those who serve them," adding "it is these people who are included in the Russian 'black list'."
Insider contacted the White House for comment.
While the list includes many members of Congress, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate majority leader Charles Schumer, and House minority leader Kevin McCarthy, Donald Trump was not mentioned. However, the former Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, was included.
The updated list of sanctioned individuals from Russia comes at the time when the Senate passed a new aid package measure of $40 billion, providing Ukraine with new military and humanitarian assistance.
Rep. Lori Trahan, who also appears on the list, tweeted on Saturday: "If Vladimir Putin thinks permanently banning me from Russia is going to change my support for Ukraine, I've got bad
Other individuals include journalists David Ignatius of The Washington Post, George Stephanopoulos of ABC News, Susan Glasser of The New Yorker, Bret Stephens of The New York Times and Bianna Golodryga of CNN.
- 'Die-hard' Nintendo fan spent over $40,000 buying stock and then asked top executives why the company won't make more of a fan-favorite series
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report