Biden says he 'would not be disappointed' with a 2024 rematch against Trump
Bidensaid he's not concerned about a possible rematch against former President Donald Trumpin 2024.
- "I'm not predicting, but I would not be disappointed," Biden told Israel's Channel 12.
President Joe Biden shrugged off the notion of a potential rematch with Donald Trump in the 2024 presidential election, telling Israeli media on Wednesday that he wouldn't be "disappointed" facing off again.
"I'm not predicting, but I would not be disappointed," Biden told local outlet Channel 12 in an interview when asked about the potential for a rematch.
He continued: "The one thing I know about
Biden landed in Israel on Wednesday to kick off a four-day visit to the Middle East with an itinerary that includes meetings with Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia.
Still more than two years out, there has been plenty of speculation and signs from politicians who may be considering throwing their hats into the ring if Biden and Trump don't run face each other again in 2024.
Biden defeated then-President Trump in the 2020 presidential election, a record turnout for voters as the nation battled the surging COVID-19 pandemic.
The election result sparked an onslaught of baseless and false claims about voter fraud and other conspiracies by Trump, his allies, far-right supporters, and Republican members of Congress.
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Businesses with turnover of over Rs 5 crore to generate e-invoice from August 1
- Top 5 places to visit in Shimla
- ULIPs are not for senior citizens — Here’s how to pick the right investments to secure the golden years of your life
- World's first weather report to include 'plastic rain' forecasts 50 kg of microplastic falls over Paris
- MS Dhoni vs Rohit Sharma vs Hardik Pandya: IPL captaincy record after two years at helm