Claudia Conway is so furious that her mother, Kellyanne, is to speak at the RNC that she says she's 'officially pushing for emancipation' from her family
- Claudia Conway, the 15-year-old daughter of George and Kellyanne Conway, has said in a Twitter thread that she is "pushing for emancipation" from her family.
- "I'm officially pushing for emancipation," she wrote Saturday night. "buckle up because this is probably going to be public one way or another, unfortunately. welcome to my life."
- The 15-year-old has an outspoken social-media presence and has spent the past few months publicly feuding with her parents.
Claudia Conway, the 15-year-old daughter of Kellyanne and George Conway, has said on Twitter that she is "officially pushing for emancipation" from her family.
In the late hours of Saturday, the teenager took to Twitter to express her frustrations with her mother and her father, writing: "i'm officially pushing for emancipation. buckle up because this is probably going to be public one way or another, unfortunately. welcome to my life."
She went on to say that her mother's job as White House counselor for President Donald Trump had "ruined" her life and that she found it "heartbreaking" that Kellyanne Conway "continues to go down that path after years of watching her children suffer."
"it's all about money and fame, ladies and gentlemen," she added.
—CLAUDIA CONWAY (@claudiamconwayy) August 23, 2020
The 15-year-old's latest criticism comes after she said she found out that her mother would be speaking at the coming Republican National Convention.
"i'm devasted that my mother is actually speaking at the RNC. like DEVASTATED beyond compare," Claudia wrote on Twitter.
She also took to TikTok to share her reaction to the news, posting a video in which she appeared open-mouthed and shocked with the caption: "just found out my mom is a speaker at the RNC…that's it. I'm out. Running away phase 1 starts tomorrow at 7 am."
Her father, George Conway, also did not escape criticism. He has been praised by the president's critics for his work as a cofounder of the Republican anti-Trump group the Lincoln Project.
"As for my dad, politically, we agree on absolutely nothing," Claudia tweeted. "We just both happen to have common sense when it comes to our current president. Stop 'stanning' him."
The 15-year-old has an outspoken social-media presence and has spent the past few months publicly feuding with her parents, regularly mocking their conservative views. She has more than 255,000 followers on Twitter and 600,000 followers on TikTok.
Claudia previously told Insider's Connor Perrett that she's a social-justice advocate and wanted to use her platform "to inform people and spread love."
"Growing up when your mom is Kellyanne Conway, it's really really hard to disassociate yourself with that image because people look at me and are like 'oh, that's Kellyanne Conway's daughter,' she must love Trump," Claudia said at the time. "In reality, I really don't."
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- Putin's leadership is unraveling as he takes regular breaks for medical treatment and is constantly surrounded by doctors, says British ex-spy
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani