CNN issues correction of the week, noting that Rep. Ted Lieu grabbed a ProBar energy bar and not a crowbar during the Capitol siege
- In a story on what transpired during the Cappitol siege, CNN initially reported that Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu of California grabbed a crowbar.
- Lieu had, in fact, grabbed a ProBar energy bar. CNN issued a correction.
- The correction garnered significant attention and amusement online.
- "CORRECTION: A previous version of this story misstated that Rep. Ted Lieu grabbed a crowbar before leaving his office. He grabbed a ProBar energy bar," the CNN story reads.
After a tumultuous week in the US, most Americans could likely use a little humor. And they got it in the form of an amusing correction from CNN regarding what Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu of California grabbed during the Capitol siege."CORRECTION: A previous version of this story misstated that Rep. Ted Lieu grabbed a crowbar before leaving his office. He grabbed a ProBar energy bar," a correction for a CNN story titled "How a swift impeachment was born under siege" states.
Many also appeared to sympathize with the notion of Lieu grabbing a crowbar to take on rioters - with white supremacists and neo-Nazis among their ranks - attacking the heart of America's democracy.
—David Uberti (@DavidUberti) January 14, 2021
—Brianna Wu (@BriannaWu) January 14, 2021
—Amy Mackinnon (@ak_mack) January 14, 2021
—Jeff Zillgitt (@JeffZillgitt) January 14, 2021
—Ciara O'Rourke (@ciaraorourke) January 14, 2021The insurrection at the Capitol was provoked by President Donald Trump. He was impeached for a second time over his role in inciting the violence on Wednesday.
Lieu, an Air Force veteran and former prosecutor, was named an impeachment manager by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for Trump's trial.
- BSE and NSE suspends trading in shares of Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd (DHFL) from Monday
- Byju's most valuable startup in India and 11th in the world with a valuation of $16.5 billion
- India witnesses decline in daily COVID-19 cases with 80,834 fresh cases in last 24 hours, lowest since April 1
- Delhi reports its lowest daily COVID-19 cases in 104 days, records 213 single day COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp