Democratic Rep. Sanchez said she flipped off the GOP side during congressional baseball game after hearing a 'misogynistic comment' from a fan
- Rep. Linda Sánchez flipped off the GOP side during the congressional baseball game on Thursday.
- Sánchez, of California, said it came after a "misogynistic comment from the Republican side."
A Democratic congresswoman said she flipped off the Republican side during the congressional baseball game after she heard a "misogynistic comment."
Videos shared on Twitter show House Rep. Linda Sánchez flipping the bird while she jogged past the GOP dugout on Thursday night. She later clarified she was responding to a heckler.
In a statement to Insider, Sánchez said the baseball game, which raises money for charity, is usually one of her "favorite events of the year."
"That is why it really struck a nerve when I heard an offensive and misogynistic comment from the Republican side on my way back to the dugout," Sánchez said. "In the heat of the moment, I reacted."
—Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) July 29, 2022
"I have no tolerance for men who make women feel like they are unimportant or don't belong — especially on the field. I will always stand against that kind of bigotry," Sánchez continued in the statement.
Sánchez later said she was flipping off a specific fan who she said was heckling her, telling NBC News reporter Frank Thorp that "it's the same guy" every year.
"It wasn't the team. It was an obnoxious fan who shouts misogynistic shit at me every single year," Sánchez told Thorp.
When asked what the offensive comment was, she said: "I'm not going to dignify it with a response because it's nasty and it's crude, and it has no place at a charity baseball game."
- Great resignation impact being felt in India as attrition rate remains elevated at 20% in 2022
- Air pollution amplifying negative effects of climate change: Indian-origin researcher
- India inc. set to offer average salary hikes of at least 10.4% in 2023, says Aon
- Google Pixel Buds Pro review – the AirPods Pro of the Android world
- India 2030 climate targets set momentum ahead of COP27
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World