Fauci says we may be able to go to a movie theater without having to wear masks in 'late fall or early winter'
- We may be able to go to movie theaters without wearing masks by the end of the year, Fauci said.
- Fauci said on a podcast that large maskless gatherings could resume by "late fall or early winter."
- He said that until then, people should continue to wear masks and get vaccinated.
Fauci has made similar comments before. At a New York Press Club briefing in January, he said that if 70% to 85% of the population were vaccinated by late fall, people could return to crowded theaters for movies, plays, and musicals while wearing masks."I think there's a reasonable chance that if we do get that number and that percentage of people vaccinated that we will be able to go to a movie or to go to a theater," he said.
He has also said that the return of relatively normal group activities depends on when herd immunity is achieved.
- Long-lasting laptops with durable build quality
- Sensex has hit a new record but it's not clear if it will trek higher
- The rise in global crude oil prices may make India's April-June exports data look really good
- Baba Ramdev and Patanjali-owned Ruchi Soya wants to raise money from the market again
- Best office chairs for working from home