Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis says he should have spoken out 'much louder' about Trump's stay-at-home order when COVID-19 first emerged
Ron DeSantissaid he didn't consider lockdowns a possibility when COVID-19 first emerged.
- In a December interview, DeSantis declined to answer whether he's received a COVID-19 booster.
On Thursday, Ron DeSantis said on conservative
"I never thought in February, early March that [COVID-19] would lead to locking down the country," DeSantis told the hosts of the podcast. "I just didn't. I didn't think that was on the radar."
DeSantis' interview follows reports from The New York Times' Maggie Haberman earlier in the week that Trump has been telling his aides that "he isn't getting the deference" from the Florida governor, one of his closest allies throughout his presidency, that he wants heading into the 2024 election.
While Trump has been increasingly vocal in his support for COVID-19 vaccines in recent months, DeSantis balked at telling Fox News host Maria Bartiromo whether he has received a booster during a December interview.
"So I've done whatever I did. The normal shot, and that at the end of the day is people's individual decisions about what they want to do," DeSantis told Bartiromo.
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn
- India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
- Samsung announces Galaxy Watch5 Series with sleep tracking and IR temperature sensor
- India's exports rose to $36 billion in July; trade deficit almost triples
- Rupee, bond yield ends almost flat ahead of the long weekend