Jeremy Corbyn has been suspended from the Labour party
- Former Labour leader
Jeremy Corbynhas been suspended from the party.
- It follows the publication of a damning report into anti-Semitism within the party under his leadership.
- A spokesperson for the Labour Party said: "In light of his comments made today and his failure to retract them subsequently, the Labour Party has suspended Jeremy Corbyn pending investigation."
- Corbyn has also had the whip removed.
- Corbyn on Thursday refused to accept the findings of the report and insisted that anti-Semitism within the party was 'dramatically overstated' by his political opponents.
View all Offers
- 35% OFF
Seagate One Touch 2TB External HDD with Password Protection – Black, for Windows and Mac, with 3 yr Data Recovery Services, and 4 Months Adobe CC Photography (STKY2000400)₹ 5114₹ 5114Buy On
- 25% OFF
realme Smart Watch 2 Pro (Space Grey) with 4.45 cm (1.75") HD Super Bright Touchscreen, Dual-Satellite GPS, 14-Day Battery, SpO2 & Heart Rate Monitoring, IP68 Water Resistance₹ 4499₹ 4499Buy On
- 69% OFF
Fire-Boltt Beast SpO2 1.69” Industry’s Largest Display Size Full Touch Smart Watch with Blood Oxygen Monitoring, Heart Rate Monitor, Multiple Watch Faces & Long Battery Life (Black)₹ 2499₹ 2499Buy On
- 60% OFF
TP-Link TL-WA850RE N300 Wireless Range Extender, Broadband/Wi-Fi Extender, Wi-Fi Booster/Hotspot with 1 Ethernet Port, Plug and Play, Built-in Access Point Mode₹ 1139₹ 1139Buy On
- 23% OFF
HP Pavilion Aero, Ryzen 5-16GB/512GB SSD 13.3-inch WUXGA Laptop, Ultra-Thin & Light 970 gm, 400 Nits Anti-Glare 100% RGB Display/B&O Audio/Fingerprint Reader/Backlit KB/Win 11 Ready, 13-be0190AU₹ 69490₹ 69490Buy On
Jeremy Corbyn, the former Labour leader, has been suspended from the party.
It follows the publication of a damning report into anti-Semitism within the party under his leadership, which found that the party had breached equalities law on anti-Semitism and had demonstrated "serious failings" in tackling the issue.
A spokesperson for the Labour Party said in a statement provided to Business Insider: "In light of his comments made today and his failure to retract them subsequently, the Labour Party has suspended Jeremy Corbyn pending investigation. He has also had the whip removed from the Parliamentary Labour Party."
The report, published on Thursday by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, found that the party under Corbyn had been responsible for "unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination."
Those breaches related to political interference in anti-Semitism complaints, harassment, and failure to provide enough training to staff handling antisemitism complaints.
Caroline Waters, interim EHRC chair, said the investigation into Labour "highlighted multiple areas where its approach and leadership to tackling anti-Semitism was insufficient."
"This is inexcusable and appeared to be a result of a lack of willingness to tackle anti-Semitism rather than an inability to do so," she added.
Corbyn on Thursday did not appear to accept the findings of the report and insisted that anti-Semitism within the party was "dramatically overstated" by his political opponents.
Keir Starmer, the current Labour leader, called the publication's report a "day of shame" for the party.
"I found this report hard to read and it is a day of shame for the Labour party," he said.
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- Xiaomi 11T Pro 5G vs OnePlus 9RT 5G: Specs, price and features compared
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- India extends suspension of international passenger flights till February 28 amid rising COVID-19 cases
- Microsoft's Activision Blizzard acquisition will boost its Metaverse plans
- Sony shares slump after Microsoft plans to buy largest game company
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022