Jimmy Carter shared in a recent interview that he watches PBS, CNN, and MSNBC, but steers clear of Fox and social media
- Former President
Jimmy Carterwatches PBS "NewsHour" nightly and regularly catches up on CNNand MSNBC.
- He and his wife, Rosalynn, largely steer clear of
Fox Newsand social media.
- "We have a very good balance of
newscoverage," Carter said in an interview that aired Monday.
Jimmy Carter and his wife
They watch the show every night, Carter told "NewsHour" host
They "don't watch Fox presentations very much," Carter said, nor do they "really become involved" in social media. "So we have a fairly good balance of the news coverage."
Carter, 96, and former First Lady Rosalynn Carter, 93, spoke to Woodruff from their home in Plains, Georgia, for a wide-ranging interview as they prepare to celebrate their 75th wedding anniversary on July 7. Carter is now the longest-living president in US history.
In addition to their news habits, the couple discussed unfounded claims made by President Donald Trump and his supporters that he won the 2020 presidential election.
"It's known, quite accurately, as the big lie," Carter said. "And how he - how Trump - gets away with it is hard to comprehend."
It's "hard for me to know what was happening and then to hear what was being said about it," Rosalynn Carter said.
Asked whether she ever thought that the Carter Center would be involved in monitoring elections in her home state, she said, "No, I never thought we'd have to monitor elections in Georgia. I just assumed elections were accurate. I trusted our officials."
- I asked Microsoft's 'new Bing' to write me a cover letter for a job. It refused, saying this would be 'unethical' and 'unfair to other applicants.'
- Microsoft's ChatGPT-powered Bing browser now available publicly
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- Startup working to bring MSMEs into metaverse secures funds on Shark Tank India
- Disney profits shine but still lays off 7,000 employees to cut $5.5 billion in costs
- These startups on Shark Tank India are run by couples who are partners in life & business
- Xiaomi 13 Pro with Leica-powered camera to launch in India on February 26 — here’s how its camera was made
- Boney Kapoor announces biography on late wife, legendary actress Sridevi