Jimmy Carter shared in a recent interview that he watches PBS, CNN, and MSNBC, but steers clear of Fox and social media
- Former President
Jimmy Carterwatches PBS "NewsHour" nightly and regularly catches up on CNNand MSNBC.
- He and his wife, Rosalynn, largely steer clear of Fox
Newsand social media.
- "We have a very good balance of news coverage," Carter said in an interview that aired Monday.
Jimmy Carter and his wife
They watch the show every night, Carter told "NewsHour" host
They "don't watch Fox presentations very much," Carter said, nor do they "really become involved" in social media. "So we have a fairly good balance of the news coverage."
Carter, 96, and former First Lady Rosalynn Carter, 93, spoke to Woodruff from their home in Plains, Georgia, for a wide-ranging interview as they prepare to celebrate their 75th wedding anniversary on July 7. Carter is now the longest-living president in US history.
In addition to their news habits, the couple discussed unfounded claims made by President Donald Trump and his supporters that he won the 2020 presidential election.
"It's known, quite accurately, as the big lie," Carter said. "And how he - how Trump - gets away with it is hard to comprehend."
It's "hard for me to know what was happening and then to hear what was being said about it," Rosalynn Carter said.
Asked whether she ever thought that the Carter Center would be involved in monitoring elections in her home state, she said, "No, I never thought we'd have to monitor elections in Georgia. I just assumed elections were accurate. I trusted our officials."
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates