The White House fired Melania Trump's gay staffer after he was found to have a 'lively Grindr account:' book
- A gay
White Housestaffer for Melania Trumpwas fired after his Grindraccount was discovered.
- Stephanie Grisham, who worked as the First Lady's press secretary at the time, blamed
- "If she had been truly outraged, she could have done something," Grisham said about Melania Trump.
View all Offers
Melania Trump's chief of staff Lindsay Reynolds informed Grisham one day in early 2018 that one of Grisham's closest friends in the White House was being fired due to an "issue with his security clearance," despite having worked for former President Donald Trump for "more than three years."
Grisham, who then served as the first lady's press secretary, recounted the story in a longer passage about former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, who let go or reassigned several staffers after revamping the security clearance process. Grisham wrote that Kelly "oversaw some activities that were frankly shitty."
The man, whom Grisham didn't name, "was walked out of the White House by a woman from Human Resources, followed by an armed Secret Service agent, and not given a second thought," she wrote. She later found out it was because the staffer used Grindr, a dating app most often used by gay men to find sex with other men.
"Whoever determined security clearances had come across his Grindr account and decided that some of the stuff on it would be 'personally embarrassing' to Mrs. Trump," Grisham wrote.
Grisham suggested that John Kelly himself made the decision to fire the staffer, given that he was a "control freak."
"To this day, I don't know if the decision went all the way up to General Kelly, although he was the type of guy who liked top-to-bottom control, so it was certainly possible," she continued. "I do know that one of Kelly's deputies was well aware of what had happened and supported the decision, something that enraged me on many levels."
In March of 2018, several White House staffers were let go due to security clearance issues in the wake of domestic abuse allegations against former White House Staff Secretary Rob Porter.
Grisham said the incident caused her to stop being friendly with Kelly and his team in the White House. "I just couldn't get over that level of bias," she wrote.
She also blamed
"If she had really wanted a staff member back on her team, if she had been truly outraged, she could have done something," Grisham wrote. "She didn't."
"If the person had truly been removed solely because he was gay and had a lively Grindr account, that was wrong. This was a White House filled with adulterers," she wrote. "I had a DUI, and they let me stay."
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- Best budget external hard disk drives under ₹4,000 in India
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover