Trump exploded at a staffer for telling him the wrong names of his golf partners, John Boehner says in his memoir
- Trump once flew into a disproportionate rage at a staffer's mistake,
John Boehnerwrote in his memoir.
- The staffer had told Trump the wrong names of golfers at a game he'd invited himself to, Boehner said.
- "What are you, some kind of idiot?" Trump yelled, according to the memoir.
Punchbowl News on Thursday published an excerpt from the book, set to be released on Tuesday.Boehner wrote that Trump had invited himself along for golf with Boehner and two high-profile executives at a Trump golf course.
"I didn't know Donald Trump at all, except from television," Boehner wrote. "But his name was on the door of the club, and if he wanted to come out with us, none of us were going to say no."Trump was friendly, "but in an in-your-face, this-is-how-they-talk-in-New-York kind of a way that I was not used to at all," Boehner wrote. "Direct, loud, intense."
He quoted Trump as saying, "You and I are gonna take these two turkeys on and whip 'em."Boehner said a staffer, John Criscuolo, had mistakenly introduced the executives as "Joe and Jeff," an error he would pay for later. (Boehner said he changed the executives' names to protect their anonymity.) "Joe and Jeff" was how Boehner and Trump referred to the two men for the rest of the game - during which, Boehner said, Trump was surprisingly good.
By the end of the game, Boehner said, Trump was in a fine mood - which turned when "Joe and Jeff" awkwardly said those were not their names.
Boehner shrugged it off and apologized. But he wrote of Trump: "This sort of glower fell across his face. The kind of look I could tell that you didn't want to see too often if you happened to work for him."He got right in Criscuolo's face, causing the staffer to step back, and yelled, "What are you, some kind of idiot?"
"You want to know how to remember somebody's name?" Boehner recalled Trump saying. "You f---ing LISTEN!"
"I'd never seen anybody treat a staffer like that - not in
- PM Narendra Modi stresses that lockdown will be the last option, says centre and states are working on oxygen supply
- Desperately need supply of oxygen to save lives, appeals Delhi's Ganga Ram Hospital
- 4.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine were wasted in India — enough to vaccinate half of Bangalore
- Facebook to start pilot runs for its digital currency ‘Diem’ this year, says report
- SaaS startup Chargebee is the 11th unicorn of 2021 and the sixth for Tiger Global this year alone