Trump says 'maybe I'll have to leave the country' if he loses the 2020 election to Joe Biden
- President Donald Trump suggested he'd leave the country if Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden wins the election.
- "Could you imagine if I lose?" Trump said after mocking Biden's candidacy. "I'm not going to feel so good. Maybe I'll have to leave the country, I don't know."
- The New York Times reported that Trump is trailing behind Biden in various polls.
President Donald Trump suggested at a rally in Georgia that he may have to "leave the country" if Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden wins the election next month.
"Could you imagine if I lose?" Trump said on Friday. "I'm not going to feel so good. Maybe I'll have to leave the country, I don't know."
—Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) October 17, 2020Trump repeatedly mocked Biden's candidacy and suggested that it would be embarrassing to lose to the former vice president.
Biden has raised a record $383 million compared to Trump's $247 million last month.Trump said he wasn't planning to raise any more money.
"I could raise more money," he said. "I would be the world's greatest fund-raiser, but I just don't want to do it."In the past few weeks leading up to the election, Trump has come under sharp criticism for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic, a New York Times bombshell report about his tax returns, which showed he only paid $750 in taxes in 2016 and 2017, as well as a myriad of other legal battles.
- Read more:
- How the GOP learned to love QAnon
- The Supreme Court will hear arguments in the Trump administration's bid to exclude undocumented immigrants from the total population in this year's census
- Trump didn't deny New York Times report that claims he's $400 million in debt when pressed during town hall
- 17 million people have already voted in the presidential election and in some states early voting turnout is twice what it was during the same time in 2016
- EXCLUSIVE: Communities, brand and then product — CEO explains how Stack Overflow flipped the script on software development
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister