Rajasthan to be the first airport runway in India to double as a highway
In a first, the Narendra
The concrete track, Gadkari said, would be open to civilian traffic when there is no aircraft movement and would be shut for vehicles when a plane is landing or taking off. He did not disclose where in Rajasthan was the airport being built.
The minister added that similar projects were being planned in hilly and border areas of Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya and Tripura, which would be built with aid from defence authorities.
The government is working on ways to boost regional air connectivity in the country. In new civil aviation policy, the
Under the scheme, air ticket prices would be capped at Rs 2,500 for one-hour flights on unserved and under-served routes. There are 394 unserved and 16 underserved airports in the country. As part of the RCS, the government plans to provide a Viability Gap Funding, which would be financed through the Regional Connectivity Fund.
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate
- SaaS unicorn Druva, which manages data for NASA, Pfizer, and GameStop, raises $147 million; valuation crosses $2 billion