9 once-popular restaurant chains that have faded into bankruptcy or total oblivion in the last decade
Stuart McClymont/Getty Images
- The last decade has seen a lot of changes, not least of which was the shift in consumers' tastes in food.
- Healthy foods, conscious sourcing, speedy service, and delivery have become industry-defining trends.
- In the last decade, many chains have struggled to keep up with these changing tastes. Here are 10 restaurant chains that lost relevance or closed completely in the last decade.
- Sign up for Business Insider's retail newsletter, The Drive-Thru.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The way that Americans eat has shifted drastically in the last decade.
Diners are increasingly gravitating towards convenience in the form of fast-casual chains and delivery. Food has to be fresher, healthier, and more sustainably sourced than ever before.
But in this new wave of food where delivery, variety, and eco-friendliness matter most, some chains haven't been able to keep up with the fastest and the freshest.
These nine chains were once wildly popular but have faded from favor or even shuttered completely in the last decade.
Old Country Buffet
Bikinis Sports Bar & Grill
ShopHouse Southeast Asian Kitchen
Steak 'n Shake
- Best 165Hz gaming monitors in India
- Best microphone for video recording in India
- Affordable over-ear headphone for your work desk in India
- Best power banks with dual USB ports
- Best split ACs for medium-sized room in India