American women are ditching skinny jeans after a decades-long love affair
- American women are giving up
skinny jeansfor looser-fitting styles.
- Sales of straight-legged
jeanssurpassed skinny in the US in 2021, according to figures from NPD.
American women are ditching skinny jeans after a decades-long love affair.
Straight-leg became the best-selling jeans fit in 2021, accounting for one-third, or $3.3 billion, of the women's jeans market in the US, according to data from NPD Group.
Skinny jeans was the only the style that saw a decline in revenue in 2021, even though they continued to be the most popular fit among young shoppers, NPD said.
Still, he doesn't think we've completely closed the door on the skinnier silhouette. "I don't think skinny are ever going away on the women's side of the business," he said.
- Shimla stipulated 75 ponds Amrit Sarovar for water conservation to mark Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
- Mumbai breathes its cleanest air ever for the second time this monsoon
- Reliance Jio, Voda step up hiring as 5G related job postings up 65%
- Rupee gains 22 paise against the dollar as crude prices ease, FPIs come back
- Cabinet clears proposal to raise ECLGS corpus to Rs 5 lakh cr for tourism and hospitality sector