Taco Bell's beloved Quesalupa returns to menus for the first time in years
Taco Bellis bringing back the Quesalupa, a limited-time offering from 2016.
- The dish is a combination of a quesadilla and chalupa, available nationwide on March 11.
- Taco Bell makes frequent menu changes. The fast-food chain is also bringing back potatoes on March 11.
Taco Bell announced the Quesalupa is returning to its menu this week for the first time in five years.
The Quesalupa first launched across the US in 2016 as a limited-time item introduced during the Super Bowl, and Taco Bell has called it one of the chain's "biggest limited-time offers in history." In September 2020, Taco Bell was slimming its menu while also testing the newer Quesalupa with 50% more cheese in Knoxville, Tennessee.
The Quesalupa is a cross between a chalupa and a quesadilla. A crispy chalupa shell is stuffed with melted pepper jack and mozzarella cheese. The inside features beef, lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream. Quesalupas will be available to Taco Bell Rewards members on March 10, and for everyone else on March 11, for $2.99.
Read more: EXCLUSIVE: Workers file new sexual harassment complaints against McDonald's
"Our customers raved about the cheese filled chalupa shell in its first debut, so when the Quesalupa began its return journey back to our nationwide menus, we knew we needed to perfect that cheesy experience - one that will be consistent for every guest and every bite," Global chief food innovation officer Liz Matthews said in a statement.
The Quesalupa returns to Taco Bell menus on March 11, the same day that the fast-food chain will also bring back potatoes following outrage from fans.
Taco Bell frequently changes its menu, though rollout of new items slowed slightly during the pandemic. Despite outcries from fans last year, the leaner menu proved to be a smart decision as Taco Bell shifted to more drive-thru orders, and sales grew 5% in the quarter following the menu change.
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May