Vaccinated Best Buy employees can enter to win $5,000 as the company encourages - but does not require - workers to get the shot
Best Buywill give 21 employees $5,000 to incentivize workers to get the COVID-19 shot.
- It also offers vaccinated employees paid time off and additional sick time for side effects.
- Companies and governments across the US are offering similar incentives to promote vaccinations.
Best Buy has launched a sweepstakes totaling more than $100,000 to incentivize workers to get the
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Twenty of the sweepstakes winners will be field employees, and one winner will come from the company's corporate offices in Richfield, Minnesota. Employees have until July 22 to get fully vaccinated and submit a copy of their vaccination card in order to enter.While Best Buy does not require employees to get the COVID-19 shot, it has previously announced other perks meant to encourage staff to get the vaccine. In February, the retailer announced it would offer paid time off for vaccinated employees to use however they want. The company also paid out one-time bonuses to US hourly employees for working through the pandemic.
Best Buy is just the latest in a string of corporations offering incentives to get people in line for the COVID-19 vaccine. Companies like Target, Trader Joe's, McDonald's and Starbucks are giving their employees a few hours of pay to get the shot. Earlier this month, CVS Health kicked off its six-week #OneStepCloser sweepstakes, which offers more than a thousand prizes, including cruise tickets, weekend getaways and a VIP trip to the Super Bowl. United Airlines is running a sweepstakes to give five vaccinated flyers a year of free travel.Cities and states have also hopped on the bandwagon in an effort to boost their vaccination rates. Philadelphia recently announced it is giving away $50,000 grand prizes to vaccinated residents. States like California, Colorado, New York and Ohio are also holding lotteries for residents who have received the shot.
- BMW builds two futuristic electric scooters that you cannot buy
- Facebook’s first smart glasses in partnership with Ray-Ban are coming soon but don’t get too excited yet
- Shortform apps to take over second spot in users time spent after Internet giants like Facebook and Google: RedSeer
- OPINION: Rupee exchange rate against the Euro may improve to 86 in the near term
- Mortgage startup Easy has raised $15 million to provide quick home loans in a matter of days