Wendy's is discontinuing its creamy sriracha sauce, and fans aren't happy
- Wendy's is discontinuing its creamy sriracha sauce.
- Wendy's confirmed its new ghost pepper ranch sauce was "slowly replacing" the sriracha sauce.
- Some fans say they no longer want to eat Wendy's because of the decision.
Next time you go to Wendy's, one of your favorite sauces might be missing from the menu.
A Wendy's spokesperson told Insider that its new ghost pepper ranch sauce, which it unveiled last week, was "slowly replacing" the sriracha sauce.
Insider spoke to five Wendy's restaurants across New York state, which all said that they no longer sold the sriracha sauce.
The sriracha sauce is still listed on Wendy's website, and can be added to Uber Eats orders, but dozens of Wendy's diners took to social media to complain that there was none available in restaurants. Some said that they would no longer eat at the chain.
"The sriracha was the only reason why I went," one Reddit user said.
-m (@emiliue) July 21, 2021
-Gui (@Papa_Bear94) July 18, 2021
-Maysen Elliott (@Empty_Iris) July 17, 2021
Fans' opinions are split on the new ghost pepper ranch sauce. Many said they love the spiciness, while others said that it didn't taste as good as the sriracha sauce.
-Ashley (@ladyfae24) July 22, 2021
-Dave Mac (@DaveyMaccy) July 18, 2021
-LordBurger (@LordBurger9999) July 19, 2021
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA