Russia says its Su-57 stealth fighter will be armed with deadly hypersonic missiles that can defeat all US defenses
United Aircraft Corporation
- Russia says its Su-57 stealth fighter jet will be armed with hypersonic missiles similar to the Kinzhal hypersonic missile.
- Moscow claims that the new Kh-47M2, or Kinzhal, hypersonic missile can hit speeds of up to Mach 10 and have a range of 1,200 miles.
- But the missile will have to be a smaller version of the Kinzhal to fit in the Su-57's weapons bays.
Russia's Su-57 stealth fighter jet will be armed with hypersonic missiles, according to TASS, a Russian state-owned media outlet."In accordance with Russia's State Armament Program for 2018-2027, Su-57 jet fighters will be equipped with hypersonic missiles," a Russian defense industry source told TASS.
Moscow claims that the new Kh-47M2, or Kinzhal, air-launched hypersonic missile can hit speeds of up to Mach 10, and has a range of 1,200 miles. The TASS report also said that "Kinzhal missiles are practically impossible to detect with modern air defense systems."While many western analysts remain skeptical of the Kinzhal's capabilities, the missile appears to be an adaptation of the Iskander-M short-range ballistic missile that flies at hypersonic speeds.
according to The Diplomat. The Russian military will reportedly receive a small batch of 12 Su-57s next year, but Moscow has yet to equip the fighter with the Izdelie-30 engine, which means it is not yet a true fifth-generation jet.
- Farmer unions cancel Budget day march to Parliament, but say their agitation will continue
- 9 people died and 16 hospitalised out of 23,28,779 people vaccinated till now in India, but Additional Secretary, Health, said that none of the deaths are linked to the Covid-19 vaccination
- Naidu reviews arrangements for Budget Session of Parliament
- Budget day march to Parliament cancelled by farmer unions
- Sabyasachi sells 51% stake to Aditya Birla Fashion