Russia says its Su-57 stealth fighter will be armed with deadly hypersonic missiles that can defeat all US defenses
United Aircraft Corporation
- Russia says its Su-57 stealth fighter jet will be armed with hypersonic missiles similar to the Kinzhal hypersonic missile.
- Moscow claims that the new Kh-47M2, or Kinzhal, hypersonic missile can hit speeds of up to Mach 10 and have a range of 1,200 miles.
- But the missile will have to be a smaller version of the Kinzhal to fit in the Su-57's weapons bays.
Russia's Su-57 stealth fighter jet will be armed with hypersonic missiles, according to TASS, a Russian state-owned media outlet."In accordance with Russia's State Armament Program for 2018-2027, Su-57 jet fighters will be equipped with hypersonic missiles," a Russian defense industry source told TASS.Advertisement
"The jet fighters will receive missiles with characteristics similar to that of the Kinzhal missiles, but with inter-body placement and smaller size," the source added.
Moscow claims that the new Kh-47M2, or Kinzhal, air-launched hypersonic missile can hit speeds of up to Mach 10, and has a range of 1,200 miles. The TASS report also said that "Kinzhal missiles are practically impossible to detect with modern air defense systems."While many western analysts remain skeptical of the Kinzhal's capabilities, the missile appears to be an adaptation of the Iskander-M short-range ballistic missile that flies at hypersonic speeds.
according to The Diplomat. The Russian military will reportedly receive a small batch of 12 Su-57s next year, but Moscow has yet to equip the fighter with the Izdelie-30 engine, which means it is not yet a true fifth-generation jet.Advertisement
- 6 fresh COVID-19 cases in Arunachal; count rises to 341
- Singapore recorded 178 new COVID-19 cases
- UP minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Come back and innovate in India, Indian minister Dharmendra Pradhan tells overseas students
- Godrej looks to gain mkt share, add distressed projects amid COVID-19 pandemic